PayPal is one of the leading companies for transferring money, and it works globally. In other words, PayPal is an online payment system that allows you to shop online without having filled in your debit or credit card details. Setting up a PayPal account is very easy and convenient to use. In just a few minutes, you can have your own PayPal account.
But before we get started, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. As PayPal is a multinational company, it has its own way of operation in every nation. Like, in India, it operates differently. There are two types of PayPal accounts you can have. Let’s start with understanding that first.
Types of PayPal Account
For different uses, there are different types of PayPal accounts. Like if you want to send or receive money from friends or family, you’ll be needing a Personal PayPal account but if you have to make business transactions, you’ll be needing a Business PayPal account.
A personal PayPal account is the most accessible one and is widely used in our country. A personal account is used to shop on multiple sites without giving your credit or debit card details.
A business PayPal account is created when you have an online business, and you accept payments via the PayPal account. There are some additional unique benefits to the business PayPal account holders, plus it allows up to 200 employees to access the account.
Now that you know how many types of accounts you can have on PayPal, let’s move on to how you can create an account.
How to Create an Account on PayPal?
If you are a new user, you will have to sign up for a PayPal account in order to start making transactions. Setting up a PayPal account is very simple. Just follow these easy steps, and you’ll be good to go:
Using PayPal Website-
- Visit the PayPal Website.
- Click on Sign-up to get started.
- Select the type of account you want, i.e., Personal account or business account and click on Next.
- Fill in your phone number for verification.
- Add your full name, email address, create a password, and then click on continue.
- Next, you’ll be asked to add your address and other details.
- Once filled, click on continue.
- Next, you’ll be sent a verification link on your email, click on it to verify and get started.
Using PayPal Mobile App-
- Download the PayPal app on your mobile device.
- Once installed, click on the sign-up button.
- Enter your mobile number and then click on next.
- You will receive a verification code on the provided phone number. Enter the code on the screen to proceed.
- Then, fill in your email address and create a password.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Fill in the details asked on the screen like full name, date of birth, etc.
- In the next window, add your house address.
- Agree to the terms and conditions form and click on ‘Next’.
Note: You can also fill in your debit or credit card info along with your other bank details if you wish to. It is not mandatory to fill in your bank details to have a PayPal account.
How to Log In to your PayPal Account?
There are two ways to log in to your PayPal account that is based on the device you are using.
Let’s know how:
Via a Desktop Browser-
- On your browser, visit PayPal.
- In the top right corner of your screen, you’ll see a login button, click on it.
- In the next window, fill the email address or phone number through which you created the PayPal account.
- Then, enter your password and click on the login button.
And you’re done.
Via Mobile Browser-
- Launch the browser on your Mobile device and visit PayPal.com.
- In the top right corner, click on the Login option.
- On the next page, fill in your email address or phone number linked with the account.
- Enter your password and click on Login.
Via the PayPal App-
PayPal also has its own app through which you can directly access your account. Follow these steps to get access to your PayPal account directly via the app:
- First, download the PayPal app through App Store (for iOS) or through Google Play Store (for Android).
- Once installed, launch the app and tap on the log-in button given on the screen.
- Then, enter your email address or phone number.
- Enter your password as the last step, and you are all set to go.
These were the steps you can use while logging in to your PayPal account via different means.
Now that you have created an account on PayPal and successfully logged in to it, let’s learn how you can verify our account in just a few steps.
How to Verify your PayPal Account?
Due to some safety reasons, verifying your PayPal account before you start using it is mandatory. This is done by linking your bank account or debit/credit card. Just follow these simple steps to verify your PayPal account:
- Visit PayPal.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the Pay and Get Paid option.
- Under Wallets, click on Bank & Cards.
- Select the bank account or the card you want to verify.
- Then, check your bank account or credit/debit card’s activity for PayPal’s deposit.
- You can also have an automated system to link your bank account without having a look at the deposit.
- Confirm your account by using the 4-digit code (if you are using a card) or two deposit amounts (if you are using the bank account).
The process for adding a bank account is actually more simple and straightforward. PayPal will itself ask about the bank institution you are using and then you can simply just log in using your bank credentials. The rest will proceed automatically in the background.
Also, if you want to add another card or a bank account later, you will have to verify that as well.
Note: PayPal can ask for a form of identification from you anytime. This mostly happens when a certain amount of money passes through your account, and it varies depending on the country you live in.
Nowadays, PayPal is becoming a more and more famous and trustworthy app when it comes to any money-related transaction.
Follow these steps to sign up to log in or verify your PayPal account.